Sunday, September 11, 2011

Newspaper

I bought the Sunday paper because I wanted to read the text of Obama's jobs speech. But along the way, I read other things, too.

I don't need Tom Brokaw to tell me what's important to remember. I really, really don't.

I don't need a newspaper columnist to tell me that Obama lied when he said a tax cut was the biggest in history, because it wasn't the one that returned the most money, but rather the one that affected the most people. I'd like it if newspapers would get back to reporting, period, and leave the snark to me.

I don't need cheap patriotism from comic strips. Thought I did like Zits.

4 comments:

genderist said...

Yeah... I don't read the local paper, either.

Cerulean Bill said...

What scares me is that as I get older, I find more of the local paper to be somewhat interesting. I hope I'm not turning into one of those people who reads the obits for people he knows!

Anonymous said...

Before I moved I read the obits. Since I've moved I don't know anybody here, but we take the local paper. My wife likes to keep herself informed what's going on in the city, looking for something might interest the grand kids.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.