Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Rebound

Things rebound.

My wife and I had to go out together this morning at 7AM. My daughter had to be at school by 7:30 for a club meeting. She didn't think that the school bus would get her there on time, and wanted to take the car. My wife doesn't want her to routinely take the car, because she doesn't want her to get the feeling that she can have it whenever she wants. I told her that I would have my phone, and if she missed the bus, I would come back to get her. Halfway through our meeting, she texted me. The son of a neighbor -- he takes the bus to her school and transfers to another school van -- who likes -- really likes --- to play with our cat would be coming over this afternoon to do that. Apparently, she met him at the bus stop, and he asked, and she said yes. No skin off her nose.

But the cat -- and I -- will be paying for it.

No comments: