Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Dental Dementia

More fun with the dentist yesterday, taking another 'impression' for the new, improved way they're going to fit this thing. Some day, they'll just be able to scan the mouth, get a 3D image that calculates this and that....but not today. Not even this week. After he was done, he put the covers back on the four implants he'd used and leaves. The assistant gives me the denture I'd worn in...and it doesn't fit. Last time this happened, he'd put the caps on the wrong sockets (they're not all the same size). He switched them back. This time, he decided to drill out the denture so that it'd fit. Which it did....kinda.

When I got home, it still felt a little loose. I started feeling around....and panic struck. Four implants on either side. I could only feel three on that side. Oh, hell. Did another fall out? No wonder the damn thing rocked, and not in a good way. I go back to him and he looked. No, he says, its still there. Just seated differently. How something that screws into something that's grafted into the bone of my jaw could be 'seated differently', I didn't want to ask.

But now I get to use adhesive glue with this denture, so that it'll stay in place. The joy just keeps on coming.


On the bright side, I woke up thinking Elle prende le métro, and I knew what it meant.

No comments: