Saturday, February 19, 2011

Listening

When I started listening to the French in Action series, I was cheered by the thought that each video was only half an hour long. Pfft, do that standing on my head. Now I find that while the video is half an hour (actually, about 27 minutes, less the intro and closing credits), it takes me about an hour, if not longer, to go through it. I have to continually replay to hear what they said, and to understand it. There are no translations. They repeat a lot, and the sentences are simple, but still. I have to work at it. Frequently, in five minute chunks.

So when I hear Elle veut regarder la television d'abord, et travaille apres, mais sa mere ne pas d'accord -- and I get it -- I'm pleased more than the accomplishment probably warrants.

Now, if I can just get someone to say that sentence to me. In French. Slowly.

No comments: