Monday, February 28, 2011

Classy

I learned that the Alliance Francaise (which, surprisingly, does not have a branch in our town) teaches one day Immersion classes at four levels in Philadelphia. I called them, they did a brief interview in French, and, voila, I'm signed up for a class in three weeks, at their Basic level (second of four). Amazingly, the woman actually understood my garbled French. Well, mostly. She did say I was difficult to classify, as I knew some basic things but didn't know some beginner things. She said if I was willing to work hard, I could do it. She doesn't know that I spend four hours a day now on it.

Hot damn. I can hardly wait.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Woohoo! Congrats. Have fun :-)

Cerulean Bill said...

I expect to. I think I will be amazed at what I know, and what I don't. Parlez plus lentement, s'il vous plait!