Saturday, January 14, 2006

Paper Cuts

Three years ago, for our annual January post Christmas pre spring get-together, we bought a packet of Crane's notecards to use as invitations. They are quite nice, and too expensive -- but we thought, what the heck, they're worth it for this. Plus, I have a thing for high-quality paper. Don't usually use it, always like it. Two years ago, we found them again, and bought more, and last year, I went to their web site and ordered directly from them, using them this year. Each time we typed up the invitation, ran the cards through the printer, sent them out looking good.

Okay, good deal.Time to order again. I looked at the box, found the part number, went to their site, got a 'not found'. Huh? No PC3296 notecards? So I searched for the characteristics -- stiff notecard, hunter green border, ecru background. Oh, good, found them. Different part number, roughly the same description -- and hey, they're 100 to a box. This is good. Hit 'buy'. Then, before I confirmed the order, I thought 'perhaps they have envelopes that match' -- went back to that page, found that they did -- and my eye fell on this phrase at the end of the description of the notecards:

"These cards are too stiff to use in your computer printer."

Buh-bye!

No comments: