Friday, January 13, 2006

Calendar Thoughts

We have multiple scheduling calendars. There's the big one on the wall at home, the one thats in my work email and the one thats in my wife's work email, and the one thats on my wall at work. The first is for local events, school, and girl scouts (pretty much); the next two are work events (pretty much), and the last is for work events where I need to do something (as distinct from things I just need to be aware of). Invariably, conflicts arise. We scheduled the car for an inspection that day? But I'm working from home -- I won't have a car! The Girl Scouts meeting is next Tuesday? But thats the day I have a dental appointment -- I can't get home in time to do it.

So here's the deal. Calendars that automatically transfer scheduled events to email, and send them in 'the other direction' -- home to work, work to home -- so you will see them and think "oh, yeah, got to put that one on the home calendar". Okay, you still might not, but the odds are better -- and you'll have an email to look at if you remember 'something', but can't remember what.

Take care of that.

No comments: