Saturday, January 21, 2006

Does Not Play Well

I don't suffer fools gladly.

That's my wife's observation, and I like it for two reasons. First, it's true. And second, it puts a thick patina of respectability to what might more accurately described as Pouts When He Can't Get It His Way, It Isn't Done The Way He Likes It, or Other Spurious Reason. In other words, the motivation for my lack of fool-suffering isn't always noble. Usually isn't, in fact.

I got an opportunity to be reminded of that yesterday when a coworker informed me that I could not place an order form for my daughter's girl scout troop in an area frequented by people from my company and the company for whom we're a subcontractor. He said that this violated the company's 'non-solicitation' policy.

Pause while I get my breathing back under control.

Let us just say that I didn't take this news with equanimity.

No comments: