Monday, December 13, 2004

PC Hardware

We just bought a Logitech MX Laser wireless mouse for the house PC . ..It's awesome.

Why?

1 - it does not eat batteries, as the Microsoft Wireless Mouse (yecch, pfah) did. Instead, it has one rechargeable battery. An indicator on the top tells battery strength. The batt will recharge when the mouse is dropped into its holder. If there were nothing else, this would make this mouse clearly superior to the Microsoft Wireless Mouse (grumph, tchah). No more feeding two new double-A's every 30 - 40 days.

2 - It is studded with useful little buttons -- zoom, scroll up, down, sideways, flick up the task bar to switch between active applications. Even its buttons have buttons.

3. - It's more comfortable than its predecessor. The MWM was ergonomic; this one is comfortable. Can't explain the difference, but both of us can feel the difference. This is a Good Mouse.

The other selling point, that it is a Laser Mouse, doesn't mean that much to us. But the three I've listed most certainly do. We like it a lot.

Death to the MWM. Long live the Log Mouse.

2 comments:

Roger Stevens said...

Sounds like there's a poem there to me. BTW have put your blog on my list of blogs to visit.

Cerulean Bill said...

Sorry, my poetical knowledge tends to go along the lines of There Once Was A Man From Nantucket....though I (and now my daughter) do delight in putting new words to existing songs. She's not bad at it, and has taken to looking at me while at the dinner table and intoning "The Student Has Surpassed The Master". I'm tickled by it, actually.

Thanks for the mention. I shall expect hordes of erudite people, and will have to roust out my smoking jacket (I actually have one, for a much smaller me), as well as a bottle of port. Or grape juice.