Saturday, March 31, 2012

Observations

It's amazing to me how observing someone else's questionable actions tends to validate my own reaction to those actions.  As if, each time they do something that I think is a bad move, something inside me is saying see?  Aren't you glad you did what you did / didn't do what you didn't? There are times when I need that reinforcement.


(Found here)

I still don't understand why portable phones -- except the iPhone, thank you -- don't have a here I am dammit -- turn on/ring loudly function.  But then again, I don't understand why ATMs don't have a fake PIN that shows a robber I have only a little money. Though, of course, I do have only a little, the MegaMillions plan apparently having failed.

There is a neuron called the Jennifer Anniston neuron -- named for the specific neuron in one guy's brain which, when stimulated, brings her to mind; it turns out that several famous people have 'their own neurons'.  Wonder what mine is/are?

I have to get back into studying French verbs. I've been slacking off.  The other night, I was talking with my friend in Lyon -- he is actually becoming one, to my delight; so many other of the Conversation Exchange partners were one shot deals -- and he used several verbs I don't know, which paradoxically reminded me that I am not letter perfect in the 52 verbs/four tenses each that I am studying.  And, of course, there's many more verbs than that!  I mentioned to him that I am frequently surprised how a single French word can convey multiple meanings, sometimes just shades of meaning and sometimes completelly different, and he said that he prefers to use English when precision is needed, just for that reason.

Okay, thats it for now.

No comments: