Saturday, March 24, 2012

Observation

If you can't bond with a 17 year old who's a different gender, age, and culture than your own -- well, too bad.  It'd have been nice (and, okay, I admit it: I still kind of hope....and I still feel kind of stupid) but I'm not going to take any steps to make it happen.  I don't need to bond with any adolescent except my own.

Update:
The aforementioned 17 year old posted on twitter to someone else that when she saw that person active on Facebook, she expected to hear from them.  Apparently agitated that she did not. Which was exactly what I did - saw her active, pinged her.  Granted, multiple times in two days, but without response.... and she didn't like it.

I successfully resisted the urge to ask her how she liked it.  That would not have been mature of me.  I did, however, think it. And it helps me accept the idea that - regardless of what I might have thought, and certainly wanted to think - we weren't actually friends.

3 comments:

STAG said...

You are not.
And never can be.

Move on.

Cerulean Bill said...

I find that less difficult as time passes, and I see certain aspects of her personality that I had not seen before. Its a flashier, more youth oriented one (hardly surprising, of course.) What is surprising is how different it is than that person I spoke with. That person was smarter, more confident. I have a thing for people like that. This person - well, she'd warned me that it wasn't really 'her'. But it makes me wonder which was real. And it gives me a little insight into dealing with my mento, too.

Still miss her a bit, but less as time goes on.

I have to be careful, though. Just thinking about this makes me want to help her. Which would be a very bad move for me. Fortunately, I doubt highly she'd accept my help -- and would most likely resent it if she did.

STAG said...

Oh, I didn't say it would be "easy" to move on. Just that you must.