Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Bush: U.S. Must Protect Iraq From Terror

(08-30) 14:05 PDT Coronado, Calif. (AP) -- President Bush on Tuesday answered growing anti-war protests with a fresh reason for American troops to continue fighting in Iraq: protection of the country's vast oil fields that he said would otherwise fall under the control of terrorist extremists.


If he'd said that going in, he likely would gotten hate mail....and then support, because we do like our oil, and we could easily convince ourselves that this would stick a thumb in the terrorist's eye.

Now, it just looks like Karl finally told him that people don't like gas prices, so its time for Hi, I'm George Bush with another of my eighty three reasons why you should support me in Iraq.....

6 comments:

Angie said...

At least he is finally being honest about the reasons for our involvement there.

STAG said...

Gotta love bumper stickers on SUV's that say "get out of Iraq"

Katrina hasn't hit here yet (as of 9 this morning) but the gas prices spiked in response to the lower oil rig production in the Gulf!

Seriously, its simply time to quit driving!

Cerulean Bill said...

You know, I'm not a fan of George's, and maybe I'm just naive, but I can't bring myself to believe that oil is the reason we went in there. Why we hung around, yeah, maybe.

I agree about the driving thing. At least, as far as gas vehicles goes. Where's my electricar?

I am quite fortunate in that I can work from home pretty much all the time. It works out better if I am in the office, though, so I work from home two days a week, in the office three. Starting next week, I'm switching that ratio.

STAG said...

Problem is....you CAN work at home, but you will NEVER get that promotion!

STAG said...

Oh, and here is the latest technology....my jury is out on it, but you gotta love the idea of a car powered by compressed air. Anything that can run a compressor (windmills, waves, low head streams and rivers....even your exercycle!) can be used to reduce the impact of gasoline use. (actually it has on on board 5 horse engine which can charge your compressor if you run dry....you can get it to the local Coffee Tyme and have a donut while waiting for your car to charge itself.)
I especially like this idea because it doesn't use expensive, highly polluting batteries which have a certain life-span....these cars will keep going and going and going!
http://www.theaircar.com/

Cerulean Bill said...

No promotions for me...I gave up on them a loooong time ago.