Friday, July 29, 2005

PBD

Which is to say, pre-birthday -- about a week from now, give or take. My daughter has some plans to amaze me -- she's told me that she is going to finally give me what I've been saying for a while that I wanted -- a big screen television.

Now, truth is, I don't particularly want one -- we don't watch enough television that the need is there to immerse ourselves in the Ultimate Viewing Experience. If the UVE were inexpensive (and I don't mean cheap, just not thousands of dollars), and were a drop in, not a 'run cable A to electrosynch jack Omega-4' -- well, sure. I like my sloth as much as anyone.

But as she's still a kid, I think that the chances of having a SWAT team from Circuit City shot up to Make It Happen are nil. And that's okay. Because what I really want is to be with her -- and her mother, of course -- and that's what I'm getting.

But I am curious what she's got in mind....

No comments: