Saturday, April 30, 2005

Post - Baking note

The bread turned out well. A little lumpy on the outside, but the texture was good, and the glaze, which was made with egg white and water, was excellent. My daughter proclaimed it the best bread she ever ate, which of course raised considerably my opinion of her culinary evaluation capabilities.

When I rolled out the dough, I used something thats a little special to us: a board, about two feet wide and three feet long, that was made for my wife's grandmother by her grandfather. Its got a scar on one side where a hot pan was apparently placed on it, and the woodwork on one edge is a little ragged, but we treasure it. My wife told me yesterday that she likes to see me using it.

Tomorrow, the daughter and I will make more chocolate chip cookies, and I will try to eat less than half of them.

I'm poking around, reading everything I can find about basic, basic networks (I have this conceit that I can understand anything well enough if I just read enough stuff; I know its not true, but this is how I learn some interesting things, even if not what I started looking for in the first place), and I came across this site. I'd been there before, looking for information on something else, and this time I found some basic network configuration info. It doesn't answer my question, but it's a start, and its aimed at non-techies -- which at the moment includes me.

No comments: