Wednesday, November 03, 2004

That Hurts.

It really does. I haven't cared so much about an election since....well, I think I was in high school, and not actually sure what an election was.... When Kerry conceded, I was so incredibly pissed as not to be believed. Not because he'd conceded -- that made sense -- but because something I really wanted had just died. I just listened to part of his speech to the troops, but I had to stop listening, because I was still furious.... furious about how it turned out, furious about the fact that we'll have that smug SOB and his cronies around for another four years.

Inside of me, something is saying okay, okay, but look -- you don't like it, but that political map is telling you something. That amendments against gay marriage passed in multiple states is telling you something. That more conservative people are getting elected is telling you something. That people on both sides stole lawn signs is telling you something. And if I have any intelligence at all, I have to listen, and to learn from it.

I heard someone say that now the Democrats will form a circular firing squad. Maybe thats true. And maybe now I understand why people get crazy and join ultra leaning groups. I don't think -- I don't think -- I'll do that. But I do know this. I'm going to start paying more attention to politics.

But not this weekend. I won't be reading the news sections of the Sunday papers. Because it'll still hurt too much.

No comments: