Friday, January 18, 2008

Chilled

Chilling the room worked, as did the mantra. Fell asleep a little before midnight, slept until about 6:30. Now I get to hear my daughter stomping around. She's ticked at me because I wouldn't let her listen to the radio at the breakfast table, which she wanted to do in order to see if her school district was delayed for snow. It isn't; I knew that, and I didn't tell her that it wasn't because I didn't want to disappoint her. So now she has two reasons to be irritated.

And my leg's stiff. I think maybe I pushed the crutchless walking a bit too much yesterday. It's just that Shannon promised to tango with me, so I want to be ready..... (Shannon, I can see you now -Omigod, what did I say to set off this fruitcake??? Don't worry, I'm kidding....) Speaking of cakes, I may bake one today. Found a recipe for something called Venetian Cake. The original recipe calls for polenta, but it also says you can use fine cornmeal, and we do have that. Not sure if we have enough, but if so - fire up the oven!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG, you're crazy! hahah just kidding. Even though it does take two to tango don't push yourself too hard (I still have to learn how to tango and with all the school work I don't know when that is going to be).

Students at my school were hoping for a delayed opening too. Seriously guys, its like a 1/2 inch of snow here, I can barely make a footprint.

Cerulean Bill said...

Well, perhaps not clinically crazy, but a few degrees off plumb? You bet. Known it for years.

Okay, I'll hold off on the tango. I need to learn how to skateboard, anyway. Not sure *how* I'm going to get to the top of one of those board ramps, but coming down shouldn't be too much of a problem.

The way my daughter put it, I took away the *possibility* that her school was going to open at normal time. I told her I understood that -- and I did -- but I'm not sure she believed me.