Tuesday, November 15, 2016

American Power


When I was 18 or 19, I met a guy named Glenn who was, probably, about 25 or so.  A coworker say that Glenn had two speeds – dead stop and flat out.  Glenn was not a man for nuances.
Once, while decrying the weakness of the current administration, he said that he wanted the United States to be so incredibly strong, he could walk down the darkest road in any city of the world, point to any woman, and she would have sex with him – all he would have to do is to say “I’m an American”.

Even at 19, I thought “There’s something wrong with that logic”.  At the time, I probably just say Woah – but that’s what it expands to.

With orangeman, I realize that it’s not so much the overwhelming might that’s scary – its the idea that it could be used on a whim, to scratch a transient itch.  No special reason – I can, so I do. Whut?
We need a sanity test for presidents.  Yeah, like that’s going to happen. 

No comments: