Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Morning Thoughts

Every so often, I think in French.  It's not particularly good French, even I know that, but it's French.  For example, I thought the other day, and the phrase that actually flickered through my mind was l'autre jour. I'm tickled by that.

We're starting to make plans to go to France.  The logistics will be challenging, this time.  It may indeed be a smaller country than the US, but that doesn't mean I can spend a decent amount of time in Paris, Beaune, Lyon, Aix-en-Provence, and Toulouse - each of those is a place where (or near to where) one of my contacts lives, and I'd really like to see each of them -  and still be in country only three weeks. . Even at TGV speeds - want to astonish a French person? Tell them our country is much bigger, and we don't have high-speed rail as they do - it takes time to get from here to there. Yeah, as my daughter would say, hashtag first world problems.

I get to go to the dentist today and find out if the graft for the new implant took. I figure it probably did -- I've only had one fail, and that was an animal graft; the grafts from human sources all worked.  What I really don't want is for him to say good god, do you EVER clean those implants? I do, but never, I'm sure, to a dentist's standards.  I suppose that a running joke in dental practices is about how many people say why yes, I floss routinely - and obviously don't.  

4 comments:

Tabor said...

Pick out some must do and must sees...a very restrictive list since you are going to many places and then go with the flow on the rest. If you meet up with locals you are going to have a much better time.

Cerulean Bill said...

Etre en France, c'est le 'il faut'. L'autres sont 'comme disponible'.

STAG said...

You clean your implants?

hmmmm.

I wanted to follow in my uncle's footsteps from Normandy to Nimegan. Or at least to Antwerp.
Should be easier for me to do the walk. No flooded fields and nobody shooting at me. How hard could it be?

Cerulean Bill said...

I brush them, yes.