Monday, September 17, 2012

Argh

My daughter just called,  in tears. She was distraught because two upperclassmen at once yelled at her. ( I know, the official position is that upperclassmen don't yell, they speak firmly and loudly.  I figured two girls in their late teens know the difference. )  Either way,  I'm sure the supermoms on the Facebook page would say This is good, she needs to learn how to handle stress, not to mention idiots.  And that's probably true. She does need to be able to handle that.   But right now, all I can think of is Harry Truman's response to the guy who wrote a dispararing article about his daughter...

3 comments:

Tabor said...

When it is your kid it is hard to keep balance and perspective.

Unknown said...

Learn something new every day! :-)

I'd never heard of that letter (it can be found here: http://www.trumanlibrary.org/trivia/letter.htm) before. Neat. :-)

"Poppycock!" on the whole "she needs to learn..." While it's true we do eventually learn how to deal with idiots and bullies, having those lessons forced upon us isn't necessary. Some folk just like the whole "macho" bullshit thing and use it to justify idiocy and bullying.

Cerulean Bill said...

You're absolutely correct. But I know several mothers on the Facebook page for the Corp who would disagree with you.