Monday, May 28, 2012

Changes

Nothing dramatic, and yet -

We're buying a new dish washer.  We're replacing the shades in the den, and adding valances.  We're getting an additional bed for guests.  We're changing my mother's living room back into a bedroom. We're getting four new chairs for the kitchen table.

In a week, barring disaster, my daughter will be a high school graduate. In two, she'll be on her way to Ohio for the summer with Glassmen. And in three months, she'll be a college freshman. Around the same time, my wife will,  probably, have taken early retirement and be contemplating whether she even wants to go back to work.  And some time in there, with luck, our French guests will be here.

Some things won't change.  We're not tossing pictures and such that my mother accumulated.  That tangible history - can't do that.  We're keeping her sofa, too.  And my daughter's room won't be touched -- though my wife vows to clean it thoroughly.

Changes.  Some big, some small.

2 comments:

genderist said...

Cleaning is completely okay. :)

Cerulean Bill said...

With an earthmover?