Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Cleaning

One of the things that we said we wanted to do as part of cleaning up the room that our guests are going to stay in was: get the boxes out of there. There being the cubbyhole under the stairs, said hole being accessible through a troll door in the corner of the room.

I just cleaned out half of it, piling it into the middle of the room until there was no more space in the middle, and damned little around the edges. I discovered that a) my mother kept the boxes for anything electronic (one of the boxes is the one my speakers came in when I had them delivered home from Vietnam in 1974), and b) one of the two massively heavy steamer trunks (actual, could have been on the Titanic trunks) contains everything from a copy of my vaccination record when I was four months old to a coat she wore fifty years ago (with the pin still on it) to a set of stoneware serving plates to an electric carving knife that I remember my father wielding (I was always amazed and more than a little frightened by the flashing blades).

And there's still more to go.

2 comments:

Tabor said...

Oooo, pictures, please.

Cerulean Bill said...

Really?