Friday, April 08, 2011

Planes, Trains, and..

It appears that maybe my daughter is going to England as an exchange student in June. That trip would partially overlap our planned trip to France. She could go, come home, and two days later go back. Yeah, right. So -- what if I met her in England, took her with me to France? How hard could it be?

- fly from Washington to London
- take a cab into London and meet her; probably stay overnight in her hotel.
- go to London's St. Pancras station and take Eurostar to Gare du Nord in Paris
- take a train or taxi from Gare du Nord to Gare du Lyon, also in Paris
- take the TGV from Gare du Lyon down to Dijon.

Good god. I know, people jet about all the time, but me? I think going two hours to Philadelphia is a big deal. This -- it staggers my mind.

No comments: