Saturday, January 22, 2011

Transitioning

In the last two days, I haven't exercised, I haven't studied French, and I haven't read (much). Most of that time has been spent forcing myself to learn how to live with the Windows 7 operating system.

It's not terrific, but it's not as bad as I feared. They do seem to have tried to make things clearer. Somewhat. It feels as if they're trying to get a sense of the Mac operating system, where you never get to see the gears and wheels, and only get to turn a couple of knobs. Some of the things actually make sense. Some -- such as their god-awful start menu -- not so much.

And if you ever want to lose large chunks of time, try just listing all of the programs that you have on the old PC, and figure out how to get them migrated to the new one. It's not fun.

Almost makes French attractive.

6 comments:

Tabor said...

I have finally come to peace with Windows 7...it doesn't seem to lock up so much now...only once every 200 days!

Cerulean Bill said...

I shall designate you my tech support!

genderist said...

Oh, Windows, how I loathe thee...

Cerulean Bill said...

Is transitioning a Mac easier?

Wendster said...

or try being blonde and finding someone ELSE to help you. Way less frustrating.

Cerulean Bill said...

Well, women have some things easier. I understand that guys do, as well, though the things that come to mind -- ie, dealing with mechanics -- don't particularly impress me.