Monday, January 24, 2011

Money

With the turn of the new year comes thoughts of money. As in How much will those blood-sucking leeches take THIS year?

To add to the joy, we've had to upgrade the copy of Quicken that we use. Our fifteen year old copy would not run on Windows 7. You may recall that I did a Quicken upgrade a few years ago, and hated it so much that I not only uninstalled it, I destroyed the CD -- which pretty much made it impossible to return. This time, I'm keeping the disk safe Until We See.

I installed Q on the new laptop, and got several bright cheery messages about how they'll need ID and password access to all our financial sites so that they can provide instant information. Yeah. Right. And, of course, they'll need us to register so that they can send program updates, as well as darn-helpful information about this and other products! All festooned with many exclamation points, suggesting that the writer of that text was so carried away, he wet himself.

To me, money is a damn serious thing. It's not funny. It's grey and solid, and needs to be treated with a great deal of respect, not a giggle and a party hat.

But We'll See. Perhaps they'll surprise me.

2 comments:

Wendster said...

suggesting that the writer of that text was so carried away, he wet himself.

LOLOLOLROFLMAOLOLOLOLLOOLLLLLL!!!!!!

omg that was SO FRIKKING FUNNY that I think I DID just wet myself.

ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaa snort!

That was good.

Oh. And I hope the quicken program works out. Or at least that you can get your money back this time.

Cerulean Bill said...

Well, I think that the interface needs some work -- I counted; I think that there are something like thirty-two different menu options (including dropdowns), not all of which are clear and lucid -- but it's not as bad as I feared. Mostly. Like bad neighborhoods, I'm learning the parts to stay away from.