Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Last Five Minutes

I stopped believing in simple fixes, years ago. Especially when it came to organizations, I just could not bring myself to believe that they would work. Too much hearing about 'quality' and how 'just doing this' would make the organization better. It never did. It always seemed to me that simple fixes couldn't work, that life was more complicated than that, that businesses more complex than that. Sure, simple fixes had the potential to work, but they had to be implemented with a sense of purpose, as part of an overriding structure. The visible manifestation of a much deeper and pervasive change. The frosting, not the cake itself.

So it's quite surprising to me that when I read this article on a simple thing to do with the last five minutes of your day, I thought you know, that might just work.

Perhaps I've been away from work long enough for some of the cynicism they taught me to wear off.

No comments: