Monday, October 03, 2005

Thematically Speaking

I don't give much thought to TV themes, and would likely say with at least a hint of snobbishness that I don't know any television show themes. Which might even be true if you limit the selection to current television -- I have no clue what the theme from House sounds like, or even if it has one, and as for West Wing, I know that I like the sound of it, but I can't hum it.

But I've just been looking through a site that collects that kind of thing, and I found several that bring back memories. Sounds from my youth. Sounds that make me smile.

George of the Jungle.... Star Trek.... Taxi.

Hawaii Five - O.... Mission: Impossible..... Batman.

And one that I like so much, I will stop what I'm doing, just to listen to it, all the way through.

Saint Elsewhere.

(The only song I know of that will make me crank up the sound on the car radio -- to the astonishment of my wife, one time - is this one. But Saint Elsewhere comes close.)

No comments: