Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Wal-Mart

I hate going to Wal-Mart.  I almost never do go, but this morning, my daughter wanted stuff for her return trek to school, and she likes it, so we went. One of the things she wanted was a Swiss Army knife, so off we went to their hunting section. 

Which is where I discovered that just because they have knives hanging there such that you can just take them off the rack, and knives that are impossible to get off without trying to tear the package.doesn't mean that it's a defective package.  They really did lock it, because people steal them. Apparently, not all of them, but enough so that they do that now.  As I learned from the self-important Department Manager.

I so like being treated like a thief. Two hours later, and it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.  That, and the realization that I'm thinking Dammit, I'm not one of your scum customers!

Yeah.  I'm not proud of that realization.

No comments: