Monday, August 05, 2013

Cars

My wife and I recently went out for a little sightseeing with a friend and his wife.  The day was nice, but what really stuck in my mind was his car.

Unlike another friend, who said that all he wanted was something with a roof, wheels, and a steering wheel, we like a certain level of comfort in our transportation.  For example, in the Venza, we have XM radio, power sun roof, power drivers seat with lumbar support (very nice for long trips) - that sort of thing.  Better than your basic Ford, but not outrageously better.

This was my first experience in an outrageously better car.  Oh, my.

We're not sure which type of car it was, but we think (we did a little research afterward) that it's a Peugeot 508. Wikipedia says that it's a 'full size luxury car', and we have to agree.  From the incredibly comfortable leather seats, the hyper-efficient air conditioning (absolutely appreciated, as the day was scorchingly hot) to the Heads-Up dashboard display (a little screen pops up and projects instrumentation onto the windscreen so you don't have to glance down) and drivers array of Bluetooth and other devices, it's an amazing car.

Expensive?  Oh, yeah.  But now I think I see why people buy more than four wheels and a roof.

No comments: