Monday, August 26, 2013

Connections

The other day I mused about the fact that I was aware of the marital infidelity of a woman I'd never met, who was, at that moment, on the other side of the world.  I knew of this because the woman had inadvertantly told her son, who told his sister, who told me. The connections made by the internet can be fairly amazing, I thought.

Just a moment ago, my wallpaper changer flipped up a new picture - a girl paddling in on a surfboard.  It looks carefree and idyllic.  It is, in fact, the sister of a person I sometimes talk with.  A few months ago, the sister killed herself, and the person sent me that photo.  So now she is remembered by someone who never had the pleasure of meeting her.

Connections....

2 comments:

Tabor said...

Let just leave that Cyrus soul out of this connecting.

Cerulean Bill said...

Cyrus? Je ne comprends pas....