Thursday, October 18, 2012

A Measured Reflection

I am simply amazed that, once again, significant numbers of my fellow citizens -- or, as I like to think of them in this case, idiots, though lemmings works, too - are once again thinking that yes, conservative policies will make their lives better.  That the efforts to save the country from the effects of the last conservative administration were worthless -- the revitalization of Detroit, the saving of banks from foreclosure, the maintenance of Wall Street, all of it.  And of course, that the idea that insurance companies should be allowed to decide what to cover, and what not, just, as the saying goes, when you need them the most -- yes, that, too. They are not just simply drinking the Kool-Aid, they're bathing in it.  Those who bathe, anyway.

Its possible that Obama will win.  I hope he does.  If there is any justice in the world, he will. And if he does, I hope he takes a leaf from Romney's playbook -- and shafts those bastards.

2 comments:

genderist said...

Second.

Anonymous said...

Nicely said; wish I'd said it.