Thursday, February 25, 2016

Cosmetics

My daughter has a lot of cosmetics.

She's in the Corps of Cadets at her college, so she's limited in what she is allowed to wear, and when she can do as she wishes, she doesn't wear a lot.  When she was a teen, and I would see other teen age girls, I admired that about her.  They sometimes looked like clowns in training, whereas I frequently could not tell that she had any on, even when I knew that she did.

She called today and asked if I could mail her a specific item,  and I said sure.

It was not in the stack of cosmetics on her bureau.
It was not in the stack of cosmetics in her bathroom.
It was not in the stack of cosmetics next to the TV.
It was not in the stack of cosmetics next to the fireplace.
It was not in the stack of cosmetics on the coffee table.

To be fair, only one of those is a massive stack.  Some are just five or six things.  Still, she seemed surprised that I could not find the lip crayon.  Excuse me, the Revlon Color Stay Just Bitten Balm Stain.  So I bought her one and mailed it to her, along with something else that she'd asked for. Based on the price that I paid,  I now know why Charles Revson was wealthy.

Next time, I'm mailing her an actual crayon.  What the heck, the 64 pack, with the sharpener. 

2 comments:

Angie said...

I have the Just Bitten lipstain and now I'm going to have to buy the balm stain. Thanks! ;-)

Cerulean Bill said...

Hi, Angie !

Stop by the house. I am reliably informed that is a partially used tube of this stuff somewhere.....