Wednesday, December 09, 2015

French Milk

Reading French Milk, a graphic novel by a woman detailing a month that she spent in Paris.  The title comes from her fondness for the French milk, which always tastes fresher to her.  A lot of the book is about her visits to museums, particularly graphic arts museums, but much is we found this cute little store that sold all these great pens, and we found this place that is stocked to the ceiling with all of this kitchen stuff, we bought an oyster-opener,  and we walked through the gardens, they were really nice even though it was freezing out.  And I think Why is it that when I go to Paris, I never find these cute little stores?  Part of it is because I'm not a shopping fiend, but still.... I once told a French friend that I never even saw a boulangerie in Paris, and he was amazed. Are you sure that you were in Paris? he asked.  Sometimes, I wonder.....

2 comments:

RozWarren said...

I once lived in Paris for 8 months and I saw lots and lots of Boulangeres (which doesn't mean that I know how to spell them correctly.) And I went right in and enjoyed plenty of tasty bread.

Cerulean Bill said...

Two things I love about France: the Bread, and my friends. Don't ask me to choose!