Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Alors...

Got a call from the hotel in Ottawa that we booked for this weekend.  Turns out they drastically overbooked, but hey, theres this other hotel you can go to.  So I'm thinking what, the good places are booked but this place still has openings? How good can it be? And then I find out that another serious storm is heading our way, possibility of 5-8 inches (which, even if its only 3, will be significant.  All of which is leading me to think maybe this weekend wouldn't be a good time to go traipsing up to the frozen north....

And then I mention to the woman who had planned to visit us, bringing her daughter along, that my wife was a little apprehensive, since neither of us had ever met her before, and she immediately says you're right, lets scrub this and do it only after we meet face to face.  Say, your next trip to Paris? Which is (only roughly) planned for next summer, when god-knows-what-else will come up....

And my daughter tells me that there was a murder in Blacksburg, involving two former members of the Corps of Cadets.  Hoo, boy.  And, oh yeah, she still hasn't found out where I might be able to stay when I drive seven hours south of here so that she can hang with a friend who's getting married soon.  Well, Jessica said I could stay with her! Great, and me?  She's working on it.

What. A. Day.

No comments: