Friday, November 01, 2013

Still

I thought it was March that arrives like a lion.  Last night, November arrived with high winds, and during the night we were pelted by more winds accompanied by heavy rain.  Now it's about ten to eight, and the sky is just barely light.  I guess it's good that we're switching the clocks back in a couple of days. Still, it's a depressing day.

Now I hear that despite the load on the system, very few people actually signed up for OCare so far.  People like me desperately want to believe that they wanted to, they just couldn't get in to do it. Though finding out that there are in fact people who are losing their insurance, because their insurance company is dropping their policies that don't match OCare standards -- that's pretty depressing.  I know, I know -- its a big deal, it takes a while for these things to get working, Medicare probably had the same initial problems.  Still.  It's depressing as all heck.

And last night only two kids showed up for trick or treat.  Granted, one of them had a fabulous costume -- I think her mother loves to play dress-up with her daughter, because she was wearing a costume, too -- but still.  Two. 

2 comments:

Tabor said...

Neighborhoods change demographics and Halloween becomes less of a big deal. Sad but true. When people complain about the ACA implementation I point out that Paul Ryan's version would have dumped millions off of medicare.

Cerulean Bill said...

True. Still hurts to watch his administration screw up so badly. I hear they didn't even try full-scale integration until the week before golive. That's the kind of thing you do at least a month before, at the latest, and for the big projects, earlier than that. Any programmer knows this.