Thursday, March 14, 2013

reading

Last night we went to the bookstore. We don't actually buy too many books locally; I learned a long time ago that if I buy a book everytime I see one that looks interesting, I will end up with a lot of books that I  never quite get around to reading. So when we go, the place that we truly go is to their cafe. While we sit and drink coffee, I browse through something from their cheap books section.

Which is how, to my surprise, I found myself reading and enjoying a book written by Newt Gingrich. The book is fiction, not politics. I haven't gone that far off the rails. But still - I'm surprised.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I read one of his books once...I found him to be VERY positive and optomistic. He didn't strike me as being an uncompromising tea bagger at all.
Ah well...perhaps the proof of the pudding is in the eating.

Cerulean Bill said...

I think that the proof is what they say when they're faced by a crowd that isn't 100% with them. Or how they react to challenges to their dearly held beliefs. Or remarks about their personal life - Newt, I believe, has a habit of cheating vigorously with newer, younger wives. None of which says he isn't smart.