Sunday, December 16, 2012

Talk to Me

If anyone tells you that going down to Virginia, up to Pittsburgh, over to Ohio, back to Pittsburgh, and then back to Harrisburg, all in four days, is fun -- hit them.  It is not fun. There is much worse in life, but it isn't fun. Even if my daughter did survive her trip nicely.  And is already saying the next time I go.... And blithely mentioning  oh no, she drove the whole way there and back, I just sat and talked with her, yeah, um, I forgot to call you like I said I would....but anyway, NEXT time I go....

One useful idea did come out of it, though.  I've heard of gadgets that can be electronically linked (or possibly cabled) to a phone (any phone? dunno; guessing smart phone with data plan)  to provide laptops, etc with ad-hoc wifi connectivity.  For when, say, you're in the middle of the Pennsylvania turnpike, or some tiny road in Virginia - that kind of thing. We're going to look into that.  As is, what exactly is it, who offers it, what do you need to make it work, that sort of thing.  Because this being in a car for twenty hours without net access is the pits. Not for her. For us.

No comments: