Sunday, August 05, 2012

Eating

I am not fond of seafood, but I am reluctantly starting because it's good for me

This recipe amazed me.  If this is what seafood can taste like, I've been missing out. 

Peppery Brown Sugar Salmon

Canadian Farm Raised Salmon, got it at Wegmans

1-1/2 pounds salmon fillets (bones removed).........1 tablespoon butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon onion powder..................1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper.........3 tablespoons brown sugar, packed

INSTRUCTIONS

Heat oven to 425 degrees F.

Pat the salmon fillets dry.
Line a baking sheet with foil
Grease the foil.
Put the filets on the foil
Brush with melted butter.
Combine the seasonings in a small bowl and mix.
Sprinkle the seasonings over the salmon, and press down gently.

Bake for 20-25 minutes.

6 comments:

STAG said...

I think those seasonings work really well with apples....

yum..

Cerulean Bill said...

Onion powder? Lemon pepper? Really???

STAG said...

Try it.
You will be surprised.

Onions and apples go really well together.

STAG said...

Try frying up onions in butter, and adding apples as a top dressing on liver. Heaven!

Let me guess...you loathe liver. tsk tsk.

Cerulean Bill said...

Liver? Why, I love it...not at all. Though I understand that with enough beer, it's acceptable. Then again, so is cardboard.

STAG said...

Liver and seafood are rarely cooked right. So most people get turned off by a bad experience when they were very young. I can add most other organ meats to that list, and some vegetables.
I was once asked if there was ANYTHING I would not eat. (This was during a morning where we were snapping back alternate shots of beer and vodka avec testicles in tomato juice. Well, I replied, cow brains because of the possiblility of mad cow disease, though I used to like it scrambled along with eggs in the morning. Raw pork because of the possiblity of worms. Raw game of any kind for the same reason. But those I don't avoid because I don't like them! After all, I have had earthworms ground into burger...and as long as it was mixed with a little horsemeat, it was tasty enough. Keep you alive and asking for seconds. Crawfish are still creepy after all these years, but yummy when steamed and drenched in butter and five spice seasoning. As are scorpions.
Turns out the only thing which I choke on is cucumbers of all things. That was a learned thing when I was a rebelious five year old, and it has stuck with me. Oh, and the green stuff in the body of the lobster....put it into the soup please.