Sunday, July 01, 2012

Dragon

Last night, I went out to Redbox to pick up two comedies, but, to my surprise, one of them that the website assured me was there, wasn't.  So I picked up The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.  I asked my wife which she'd like to watch first, and she said Dragon -- if it's no good, we can switch to the other.

We've yet to see the comedy.  From the initial moments, Dragon captivated us.  It's an intense, powerful film.  Some of what they showed startled us and made us glad our daughter wasn't watching with us, but from start to finish, we were captivated.  When it was done, we thought Wow.

It's not for everyone, but it's excellent. 

6 comments:

Tabor said...

I read the book and did not enjoy its tedious pace and the lack of charisma given the writer. Maybe the movie is better. I did not read the other two.

Cerulean Bill said...

I agree. I tried to read the book, and gave up on it. Perhaps the Scandinavians are better with that sort of thing.

Anonymous said...

I read the book and was captivated. I did not read the other two nor have i seen the movie but I liked the book.

Cerulean Bill said...

Then you have way more perserverance than I !

STAG said...

It has Christopher Plummer in it. What could be better?

Cerulean Bill said...

You know, I knew that I recognized him, but I did not recall him. I was just mesmerized by the intensity of the girl's performance.