Saturday, May 07, 2005

Persistance Pays....Again.

A comment on a site called Crosswalk.Com (which is apparently a religious site, but has a tech section) suggested to a user with a problem similar to mine that he enable the IPX/SPX protocol, commenting that it was superior for LAN communications. I did that, and I can now see the desktop files from the laptop, and the reverse, again.

So I'm guessing this means that my original method of f ile and printer sharing used TCP/IP, and that connectivity path died. Given that it works with IPX/SPX, I'm guessing that this means that it wasn't an authentication thing, and it wasn't a connectivity thing -- which makes me wonder if somehow file and printer sharing got turned off for TCP/IP, or explicitly blocked for it. I don't know.

But I do know this.
.
Its working. Yee-hah!

No comments: