Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Oddness

I had an odd experience this morning.

I was informed of another job in this company that I might want to apply for, and I did -- but for the first time, I found myself thinking 'You know what? I don't care if I get this or not. These people are not worth it.'

Which isn't really true. Its mostly because I'm watching a local goat rodeo as they panic over responding to some auditors, reminding me of what I really don't like about this place. So I'm thinking "You want me gone? Fine, I'm gone."

Course, having a strong possibility of a job offer as a backup does help with the independent turn of mind. They called this afternoon and said they really wanted to get moving on this -- so would I be willing to accept a four day all expenses paid trip to St. Louis to attend their annual conference?

Would I?

No comments: