Friday, September 29, 2006

Friday Mid

Just back from therapy, and lunch. Still improving - my horizontal angle is up to a tad past 90 degrees, and my side reach also increased. Its all due to increasing muscle in that arm. I also got a new test -- grip strength -- but that didn't reveal any problems, as my grip is almost as strong in my left hand as my right (I'm right-handed). On the downside, I found that the therapy payments run out at the end of next week. After that, if I want to continue, I have to pay for it myself.

I admit to a feeling of irritation about that --how dare they cut me off? -- and then I got a grip, thinking about it. Wasn't it me who said too many people take 'insurance' as 'money that I have a right to'? Let alone the question of being able to afford to pay for it myself -- I can, though not at the frequency, let alone the rate, that the insurance company does.

So I'll continue going -- though I warned them that if I have to pay for it myself, I'll be a more demanding customer -- and likely be there longer each time, too.

No comments: