Thursday, June 18, 2015

So Now....

I need something else to read.

The Jewels of Paradise, by Donna Leon, was about 99% good.  Not exactly sure that I'd say it was superior to the Brunetti novels, but it was a nice change of pace, and I liked that. The characters were believable, and I felt a little sad when I found out that one of the characters was not as he appeared to be -- and also a little irritated, when the why was he not as he appeared to be was never explained.

The Get Real comedy, by Donald Westlake, was surprisingly satisfying, because I kept expecting things to go wrong, but they usually did not, and when they did, Westlake handled it deftly - the sort of thing where you think well of course he can write it  so that whatever he wants to happen DOES happen  -- but somehow its okay, it doesn't feel like you're being manipulated.

I think I'm going to need to look for more of both authors' books.

No comments: