- our daughter isn't going to do an internship for the summer, but instead work at a place at the school, which means that she will need money for food, she will need a car (which she will want to keep for the school year, of course), and she will have to have a place to stay .
- our 3 year old dishwasher has to be replaced. one of those times when perhaps an extended warranty would have been a good idea. Having the repair guy say Yeah, Samsung learned a lot from this model; they don't make it any more was hardly comforting.
- it's possible to get a French friend ticked off at me.
- our daughter is now the 'proud' owner of a gerbil. It seems that the girl for whom she was watching it has announced that she doesn't want it back She asked me to ask a neighbor if they want it.
- if we go to Italy, and rent a car, the odds are very good that it will be a manual transmission. Don't worry, its easy.
- our daughter, acting as a valet parker for some event, dinged two cars. The first driveer said not to worry about it. We're waiting to see what the second says, if anything.