Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Resolved

I don't make New Year's Resolutions, for several reasons.  This year, I didn't, either.  But I've been thinking for a while that I want to try to cook more.  Not wildly different things -- I'm still the prefers peanut butter and jelly to lobster person -- but, a little.  So, for example, I picked up a copy of Fine Cooking while we were at one airport, because it has some recipes for chili.  And there are some French (more accurately, French-like) dishes that I want to try.  And I have a bunch of recipes that I've found and thought huh, that looks interesting that I want to try, too.

Plus, I want to read more.  I feel like I spend a lot of time on the net, and as a result, I have at least a dozen books that have been waiting to be read for quite some time now.  I'm sure that I won't read all of them; some will disappoint.  But still, I want to read more, and, hey, it takes time.  I'm not a speedy reader any more. It doesn't help that when I'm looking for 'comfort reading', I tend to reread books I've already read and liked, even if they really aren't all that good.

And of course, there's French, where if I do what I want to do, I'll spend about three hours evey day on it.  That's a lot!  Nous verrons.

Plus, there's exercise.  Hup, two, hup, two, hup....gasps.....looks for a comfortable chair...

None of these are resolutions.  Because I'm not actually much of a resolute guy....

2 comments:

Tabor said...

Exercise is the one link to all of these and you know it.

Cerulean Bill said...

Some of it, yes. Not all, though.