Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Renovation

This is how much we're into home renovation, and why I am so in awe of people like Caroline Anne who, I believe, has entirely rebuilt his house and is now rebuilding the rebuilt.

My daughter is eighteen. Before she was born - years before - we decided that the shelf in the hall closet wasn't working well, because things were getting jumbled together. So, as an interim solution, I took a cardboard box, taped a flap down the middle to create his and hers zones, and stuck in in the middle of the shelf. Gloves and hats inside, scarves and bulky gloves on top. And space on either side for all the other stuff that we have, though we're not exactly sure why.

The box is still there. Someday, we'll upgrade it. But only when it's provably needed. After all --

It still works.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

>Blush< :-)

Not finished yet. Once we're back on our feet, financially, I'll be doing the upstairs: new bathroom, reworking the bedroom & my closet, and doing up the wife's office. And mine. But that's downstairs. :-)

Cerulean Bill said...

I rest my case.