Monday, May 27, 2013

Oregano, You Say?

From Not Always Working:

A Long Time Ago In A Grocery Store Far, Far Away

| Ontario, Canada | Employees, Geeks Rule
(An employee giving out free olive samples at the grocery store.)
Employee: “Hey, you should try some too, they’re really good!”
My Stepfather: “I don’t really like olives, but thanks.”
Employee: “But they are different! They’re cured in oil instead of brine, and have oregano on them to give them a really nice flavour.”
(The employee continues to wax-poetic about the olives until my Stepfather finally agrees to try a small one.)
My Stepfather: “Hey, that’s pretty good. Did you Jedi mind trick me or something?”
Employee: *blank stare*
Me: “These are not the droids you’re looking for?” *hand motion*
Employee: *continues to stare blankly*
(Another employee, Employee #2, who is stocking shelves behind us and has heard the exchange is nearly on the floor laughing. As we walk away, we hear her trying to explain things to Employee #1…)
Employee #2: “Okay, so there is this movie called Star Wars…”

And now I want some of them..... Canada, you say? 

No comments: