Monday, December 03, 2012

Mayan

Just heard from a person I know who said that her holiday vacation starts on the day when the Mayans say the world will end.  Not sure how to respond to that.  "You're kidding, right?" seems a little harsh.   The thing is, we always respond to things like that.  When that guy said the world would definitely end two years ago, lots of people took him seriously - even selling off their possessions and moving to be with him; when he announced that he'd been wrong about the date, but he knew the new date, people listened to that.  So I suppose its not all that unlikely  that people are taking this seriously, too.  I think it's crazy, but I have to admit, inside me a little voice is going are you sure?  And even though I think what does it matter if I'm sure or not?.... yeah, I wonder.

3 comments:

Tabor said...

We all want to be in on the secret...the big secret...and when there is no secret we do not want to admit there is no power in our answer.

STAG said...

http://www.randi.org/encyclopedia/appendix3.html

Cerulean Bill said...

Well, sure, but all those other guys, they were wrong. The Mayans, though..... and you notice, 2012's not on his list!