Saturday, July 11, 2009

Funky

I am in a serious funk at the moment.

My wife's mother is visiting, and I thought it would be nice if I made a decent dinner that she would appreciate. So, though it wasn't a big deal, I did put some effort into making both a spaghetti sauce from scratch, and meatballs. I didn't do it for kudos, but - well, I expected some gratitude.

My wife did appreciate it.

She also informed me that tomrrow, when I go to church (which I only do to bring my daughter, because it's important to my wife), I'll be bringing my mother along, too.My mother didn't feel up to it, today, when my wife and her mother went. And my wife is doing something with her mother tomorrow, so she doesn't particularly want to take her to church. But, being an Irish Catholic, my mother, of course, has to go. Can't just skip it. Oh, no. So, guess what?

I am not in a good mood. I feel taken.