Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Plumbing, And So Forth

It's never a cheerful sign when the plumber, who's been called to replace a leaking outdoor hose spigot, says that he's never seen one put in on an angle before. Though I of course support the concept of a learning environment, I'm not as thrilled when it's me that's paying for it. Perhaps that's the difference between theory and practice.

If anyone can explain to me why it was necessary to have the infernal device carried to Wayne Tower, in Batman Begins, I would appreciate it. I know what they were trying to do; I just cannot understand why it was necessary to bring it 'to the hub'. Though, of course, watching the substitute driver in the Batmobile, aka the Tumbler, was nifty. Including the awkward little wave at the end.

I am looking for something to read until Blue Ocean Strategy, which is not about the Navy or even the water, but rather marketing and segmentation strategy, comes in to the local library via an inter library loan. I do seriously like those. I sometimes think that I should periodically make a donation to them just so I don't feel guilty about making them go through the extra effort. Then I think about how irritated I get that they never seem to have anything like that just on the shelf, and I conveniently forget about the idea.

Tried baking some fortune cookies this morning. When they say that you have to fold them very quickly, they're not kidding.

No comments: