Tuesday, August 21, 2007

CnR

It's a cold, raining day. We got a virtual downpour last night that tapered off -- if you can call it that -- into a steady rain that went, so far as I know, all night, and was still raining when we woke up. Right now, I'm in the living room with the window open. I can hear the birds complaining in the big tree just outside, the sound of tires on wet pavement, and the splashing of the rain. A chilly breeze is coming in. I like cold, and I like rain. Okay, walking in a cold rain's no fun, but sitting inside, just listening -- this is goodness.

My daughter was in a pretty chipper mood last night when she got home from color guard, which didn't surprise me --she tends to like band camp -- but it did please me, because we'd had a bit of a rocky start when I brought her over at one. Today, she doesn't have to be there till noon, so she's advised me to 'let her sleep till eleven or so'. She wasn't kidding, although I know that given her track record, she'll be up by nine thirty, and probably earlier. The girl we've been picking up for the trip over says she does sleep in till eleven when she can, which amazes me.

The sourdough, take two, is looking good -- getting that sour aroma, with a yeasty body. Looks promising. I have to keep myself from going over every half hour or so just to check it out. The plan had been to make Cinnamon Raisin bread this week, too, but I haven't gotten around to that yet.

No comments: